81 kz 750 with 77 650 engine no spark (fixed)dayna

More
21 Apr 2012 00:08 #517031 by jchomes
I picked up a 77 650 se ,mint been in a garage since 1986 coverd in oil,ive had a 1980 750 ltd for 15 yrs i rode it one summer blew it up been sitting since.so for the last few weeks ive swaped the 650 to my 750 and put electronic pickup and stater in the 77 650 engine i got it all together and had no fire so i ran some test and thought it was the igniter so i built a hei modual but didnt fix the problem so i did some more test thanks to kzr and found i had bad wires in the pulse coil or pick ups i had no ohms one side so i bought a dayna s and installed it today and wahla she perrz again, man the old kawees sound great with the keerker. the dayna s was made for points i think the instructions didnt say anything about wiring to the igniter so i tried to wire it to the igniter but couldnt get any spark so i disconnected the igniter and ran the dayna wires straight to coil and powerd the daynas two red 12v leads from the plug that i un hooked for the igniter and seems fine . i think i have to time it though. THANKS YOU KZR And members and hope this may help some one else

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2012 19:33 #517184 by jchomes

Attachment 120421_0002.jpg not found

just mounted tank today still need to build seat and fit rear fender hear is my pic
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.