Dyna S ignition system thoughts

• BizzareCustoms
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
19 Jul 2012 11:40 #537048 by BizzareCustoms
Replied by BizzareCustoms on topic Dyna S ignition system thoughts
So I finally insttalled the dyna s system with the dyna green 3 ohm dual out put coil packs along with dyna 7mm wires. Bike runs 10 times better in all aspects. Throttle reaponxe is better, acceleration is smoother, and feels like its got a little more pep to it. Due to all the controversy I decided to pull the battery out for initial testing to see if she's was charging enough to sastain itself with out the. Atteries reserve power. It ran fine with no battery. Doesn't really like my 100watt headlight at idle but once I'm going no issues so with the battery in it should be enough extra voltage at idle to comp for the headlight at red lights and such till moving again. If worse comes to worse ill just swap out my head light for a lesser bulb. Ill post some pics I took when I get a chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2012 11:50 #537052 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Dyna S ignition system thoughts
Sounds good. So the bike ran without a battery, but was using a KZ750 3-phase stator/reg/rec? Is that correct?

By the way, for a short low speed test it's ok to run without battery, but for any normal riding, the charging system will need a capacitor, otherwise the regulator may not regulate properly and may hit the electrical system with much higher voltage, enough to melt the glass on light bulbs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.