Help, power to coils but no spark

More
05 Apr 2012 17:03 #514213 by fireglass
Help, power to coils but no spark was created by fireglass
I have a 1980 f1 kz 650 I just put on a VRRPM2 regulator/rectifier and two 3 olm green coils from Z1. Was told I would not need the brown wire for this setup was that true, Thants Lance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2012 17:14 #514218 by fireglass
Replied by fireglass on topic Help, power to coils but no spark
here is some more info I did the coil mod by wire geroge last year the wirring for the coils and pulgs is Left side coil green wire and red yellow wire with pulg wires going to 2 and 3 The right side coil going to 1 and 4 with a black wire and red/yellow wire to coil

More
05 Apr 2012 18:49 - 21 Feb 2013 15:52 #514231 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic -
Last edit: 21 Feb 2013 15:52 by martin_csr.

More
05 Apr 2012 19:38 #514237 by fireglass
Replied by fireglass on topic Help, power to coils but no spark
yes it's points

• gd4now
  • User
  • Denco where did you go?
More
05 Apr 2012 20:06 #514240 by gd4now
Replied by gd4now on topic Help, power to coils but no spark
First if the brown wire you are asking about is the one to the Reg/rect unit, then yes you do need to use it. The stock system on the F1 650 was a single phase permanent magnet system. That made use of a sense wire to determine if the battery needs charging or not. The brown wire is a switched voltage wire, and it is what controls how much voltage goes to the battery. It functions as a sense wire that the reg/rect uses to determine the voltage in the system and then either pass voltage to the battery to charge it or to shunt the voltage to ground.

As to the no spark issue, are you points set correctly and not grounding out on the spring? Are the spark plug cables tight and clean? Are the spark plug caps tight and do they pass the idependence/ohm test?

1977 KZ650 B1
Pods and Denco header

OLD KAW OWNERS SMILE ALOT