coils

More
07 Mar 2012 00:02 #508229 by sebasik00
coils was created by sebasik00
hi sebastian . i have got kawasaki kz 750 ltd 1982. This bike got 10000 miles on it. He has been staying for 13 years without firing. Me and my father in law fired this up couple times . Last saturday we tried fire up but instead of running we got loudly shoot. It was better than from shoutgun. WE found out that we switch wires from the coils to cyliner. It was not in order. after that left coils we connected with first and four cylinder, right coils with second and third. Did we do good connection? Next our considernig was that top coils goes to first cylinder, bottom coils goes to fourth cyliner. IS it matter where top or bottom goes? we got all four sparks. Why the bike shoot couple times for us. What happened. I want to mention that all electric system works preety good. WE dont know a lot about bikes and we need some help. We have been trying bring this bike back. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2012 00:16 - 07 Mar 2012 00:27 #508232 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic coils

sebasik00 wrote: hi sebastian . i have got kawasaki kz 750 ltd 1982. This bike got 10000 miles on it. He has been staying for 13 years without firing. Me and my father in law fired this up couple times . Last saturday we tried fire up but instead of running we got loudly shoot. It was better than from shoutgun. WE found out that we switch wires from the coils to cyliner. It was not in order. after that left coils we connected with first and four cylinder, right coils with second and third. Did we do good connection? Next our considernig was that top coils goes to first cylinder, bottom coils goes to fourth cyliner. IS it matter where top or bottom goes? we got all four sparks. Why the bike shoot couple times for us. What happened. I want to mention that all electric system works preety good. WE dont know a lot about bikes and we need some help. We have been trying bring this bike back. Thanks

Hello, sebastian, and WELCOME to KZr! :cheer:

Would oil the advancer pivots.

Would also check the valve clearances, especially the intake valves.

This links to a site that includes a free down-loadable service manual.
Scroll down to "The Bible" for manual download.

Click here > kz.bike-night.com/

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Mar 2012 00:27 by Patton.

More
07 Mar 2012 00:26 #508239 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic coils
After removing the points cover, the advancer pivots should be accessible through the timing window, to place a drop of oil on each pivot.

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
11 Mar 2012 21:37 #509123 by sebasik00
Replied by sebasik00 on topic coils
thank you patton for some information . when I got a free time Im going to check. Tturiathanks