Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Audible turn indicators... 26 May 2006 18:46 #50361

• pumps
  • pumps's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I went out cruising tonight and I was in the city doing lots of turns stops and realized several times I left my indicator on. Is there some after market kit to make them audible? A beep beep beep thing? The light on the controls by the ignition is not much for me to see, especially wearing a full face helmet.

I have found one flasher unit replacement that times the signal out and can also beep..for $99.95. And another where a guy got little beeper things from radio shack , wired them into the turn signals and mounted then into the headlight bucket..for $8.50. Sounds like thats in my price range..any other ideas are welcome.

Post edited by: pumps, at: 2006/05/26 21:59
Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Audible turn indicators... 26 May 2006 19:01 #50362

• ambergrismooon
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
The one on my 900 was so loud I could see people everywhere looking to see what the beeping was. During long waits to turn I had to turn off the signals before I lost sanity (too late!). I finally gave the thing a face full of silicone sealant and now it is a mild buzz and we both live happily ever after. Make sure if you get an audible that it dosen't grate on that last nerve of your allotment for that day. Then again you can have a lot of fun making people believe a truck is backing up. :ohmy:

Audible turn indicators... 26 May 2006 20:47 #50378

• pumps
  • User
Check this page out:http://www.star-riders.org/starcruiser/newstar/article.php?issue=6.3&article=188
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650

Audible turn indicators... 27 May 2006 07:23 #50425

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/show...rchGroup?Ntt=flasher
10$ plays love me tender

Post edited by: btchalice, at: 2006/05/27 10:23
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

Audible turn indicators... 27 May 2006 08:19 #50433

• xstreamcanadian
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
hey btchalice

I can get you a piezo that runs off of 12 volts, (I'll give you two for free) and then you could either baffle them with cotton (they have a removable screw top) or you could parallel in a potentiometer and crank it down, or a resistor so the current isnt as high = quiter piezo. They are about the size of a quarter and have small mounting holes, and about an inch deep and loud as hell.

xc

email me if you want those, and of course for you there is no charge my photoshopping friend.....

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Audible turn indicators... 27 May 2006 15:18 #50484

• pumps
  • User
I think I am going to try doing this myself as per the link I posted above. After a look I think I see the wiring for the turn signals going into the headlight bucket, is that correct? Is there a connection inside there that I can get into to make new connections for my little beepers?? take out the headlight and it will all be simple for me to understand ....right? Cmon guys.right? LOL
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650

Audible turn indicators... 27 May 2006 15:50 #50490

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
ok canadian what do i need those for? i like my quiet signals that link was for the person that started the thread
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

Audible turn indicators... 27 May 2006 17:15 #50501

• mykznme
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
ambergrismooon wrote:

The one on my 900 was so loud I could see people everywhere looking to see what the beeping was. During long waits to turn I had to turn off the signals before I lost sanity (too late!). I finally gave the thing a face full of silicone sealant and now it is a mild buzz and we both live happily ever after. Make sure if you get an audible that it dosen't grate on that last nerve of your allotment for that day. Then again you can have a lot of fun making people believe a truck is backing up. :ohmy:

i had to unplug mine.
i want people to look at my bike and say what the hell is that godawful creation....not what is that godawful noise.;)

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

Audible turn indicators... 27 May 2006 18:15 #50508

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
I unplugged mine, too.
Really annoying when waiting at the lite, and still hard to hear when you're moving.
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

Audible turn indicators... 27 May 2006 18:56 #50516

• pumps
  • User
I picked up a little 12v piezo beeper at radio shack for a buck and will take a crack at wiring it up tomorrow during some down time at the station .
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650

Audible turn indicators... 28 May 2006 18:18 #50663

• xstreamcanadian
  • User
btchalice wrote:

ok canadian what do i need those for? i like my quiet signals that link was for the person that started the thread

sorry dude I wasnt paying attention...... for anyon else, there are connections running through my headlight bucket and room for a piezo, you could wire both lights through a small relay(labco makes one) so that they both trigger the piezo(either or) and if it was in teh bucket it wouldnt be that loud, my suggestion is to hand signal, and when your arm goes numb, turn your signal off.

Audible turn indicators... 30 May 2006 23:05 #51067

• inline79
  • User
In my KZ650C2's headlight bucket there are spare green and grey wires, presumably for a european turn signal alarm of some sorts. You could wire a piezo thing to that.

I leave my signals on all the time too - entire busses have stopped to let me in without my knowing it! Now I just do as everyone else does in the city and quit using them.

:P

• Page: