Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Electrical help with old F-7 Enduro 25 May 2006 18:07 #50114

• NewKZguy
  • NewKZguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah I know it's not a question about a Kz, but I figured some of you guys probably have old enduro's or dirt bikes as well, and maybe even some info I could use. I have a 73 Kawasaki f-7 175 enduro, I'm trying to get the lights and horn working again, so I can put it back on the street. The first thing I need is a wiring diagram. All the wires are there, however the turn signals don't work and neither does the horn. It's really hard to see where the wires go to because the harness is full of wires and they just branch off here and there. So a diagram would be awesome, however I don't know where to get one. If anyone on here has one for this bike, or maybe a different size enduro of the same time period maybe that would help. Just figured I start by posting here.
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Electrical help with old F-7 Enduro 26 May 2006 07:57 #50230

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I know nothing about your bike... sorry but I do know that Kaw has consistantly used the same basic color codes for wiring on all models (or at least most that I am familiar with) for the lights and turn signals. Look at a diagram for a Z1 for the headlight wire colors and turn signals wires. For instance, the turn signals will be either light gray (both) or one will be light gray and the other light green. The ground will be black/yellow. Same holds for the headlight. Its ground will be black yellow and the high beam and low beam use standard colors which I can't recall off the top of my head but remember when I see them. The horn wires will be brown and black/yellow (hot / ground respectively). I am not sure that helped a lot but I have no idea where to get an electrical diagram for that bike of yours...
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: