Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

checking the stator and ignition coil 23 May 2006 18:44 #49551

• 77kz400becky
  • 77kz400becky's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am new to the kz world...My bike drains the battery, when warm, kills and wont restart (acts like the battery is dead. will kick start, but as soon as I use a turn sign. it dies again...
trying to trouble shoot: not sure how to test the stator or the ignition coil? could anyone help..or send me a website to explain.
thanks
becky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

checking the stator and ignition coil 23 May 2006 19:20 #49572

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
hi becky, go to electric forum and look up my post for a 77 650. it's the same and everyone pointed me in the right direction. mine was broken wires on the rectifier that were hidden under the heatshrink. i'm u2u'ing you with info on where to get one.
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

checking the stator and ignition coil 23 May 2006 19:51 #49585

• lunchbox
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hey becky, i took a look at your bike earlier today on my way home from work. saw your boyfriend or husband broke down on troy drive. if i have time this week i can go through the wiring with a tester and try and locate the problem. my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. i live up on karstens , send me an email if you need a hand, i usually have evenings free after 5.

lunch

• Page: