Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

battery drained - click click 23 May 2006 13:47 #49472

• sakiguy
  • sakiguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I hardly ride my bike, probably will take it out twice a week if I'm lucky. I took it off the battery tender three weeks ago. I rode it probably once two weeks ago. I started it today and it started without a hiccup. Ride it for about 7 minutes to Kragen, and park. After Kragen, tried starting the bike up...all I here is a click click sound coming from the right side. After cursing the bike, I tried starting it again...and it starts up.

I make it home, shut it off. Try starting it again...click click click coming from the right side. I suppose it's the starter solenoid. I check the battery voltage and I'm only getting 11.25 volts. So I assume the solenoid is still good...but perhaps something with my charging system is bad. I wonder if I should be concerned. Can leaving a bike sit for two weeks drain the battery?

Doesn't seem right to me. It's a relatively new battery...maybe 4 months old tops. I don't think leaving a bike sitting for a measley two weeks would drain the battery that fast. Any chance that it's the alternator or perhaps something else I'm overlooking? Is it because I hardly use the bike that the battery gets drained, or can it be the alternator? And how I deduce as to which one is causing the problem? I really hate electrical issues with a passion. They always seem to pop up with my bike :angry:
1983 KZ750 N2 Shaft

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

battery drained - click click 23 May 2006 19:13 #49569

• hydrolazer
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
i had almost the exact same prob,,check your neg cable going to the frame of the bike for a loose ground...mine had worked loose and gave me all indications i had a dead,weak or dieing battery..after tightening the ground bolt,,the bike is back to normal begging to be ridden
\'79 kaw 1000 ltd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: