starter cylinoid

More
21 Nov 2011 19:50 #489542 by wcrider62
starter cylinoid was created by wcrider62
got a replacement starter starter cylinoid. problem is the ond cylinoid wasnt thyer and the replacement one doent show the difference for which bolt to conect to batt and which one to starter and a wiring pic shows blk and yllow stipe neg. ok then shows blk to starter swithich thed red to powre line . problem is trere aint no red wire coming from my cylionod and there aint no plus or minus marks anywher on it .can anyone tell me which one is which ??? a pic whith it would be awsome too. thanx

1982 kz1100 spectre D1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2011 20:13 #489550 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic starter cylinoid
Starter solenoids have small wires for the energizing coil(the part that makes the inner contacts move so the starter motor will turn).

There is no polarity as the Positive(+) RED battery cable goes to one side of the solenoid at the large terminals, and the other side goes to the starter motor.

To test out the solenoid, leave the Positive(+) battery cable disconnected, and if the energizing coil is connected and the clutch lever is squeezed, with the ignition switch on, you should hear the solenoid "Click" when the start button is pushed.

A Negative(-) Black cable connection is not needed due to the starter motor being grounded to the engine.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
21 Nov 2011 22:03 #489588 by wcrider62
Replied by wcrider62 on topic starter cylinoid
cool , hey thanx again. seems like you and brian are alqays here when I need you guys. happy thanxgiving

1982 kz1100 spectre D1