brke lites

More
15 Nov 2011 16:59 #488626 by locolobo
brke lites was created by locolobo
83 750 k1 ltd belt......

check all wires,polished and clean connections...fired up like nobodys business...im happy...

at issue....i dont have a brake lite / running lite combo....i have a 39 ford bullet glass lens brake lite...that works....

running lite...has one blk wire coming from it.....
led lite for my liscense plate lite has 2 red wires....on the brake lite i have the blue coming in from the 6wire connector on the right side of bike...the blue to green...blk/yel to black this on the break lite...it works...

thn i have the blue wire.....2 blk/yel ......red.....grey......green....to hook up the liscense and running lite...to which wire...cant get power..but if i put the led lite to neg/pos of battery comes on but i dont want it to be on all the time...only when i turn the key..same with running lite.....
or should i get a combo runnin brke lite....from autozone...but i really want to keep the bullet lite..or could the 39 ford lite work as a brake and running lite with only two wires coming from it>?green wire and blk wire....i hope this isnt too confusing...hell i confused myself...lol...sorry

locolobo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 17:27 #488630 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic brke lites
Here's the normal Kawasaki running/tail light & brake light colors:

BRAKE/TAIL LIGHT Can be an # 1157 dual filament bulb
RED, Running or Tail Light.
BLUE,(sometimes with a Red stripe) Brake Light Circuit.
BLACK with YELLOW stripe, the ground circuit.

If I were going to see what wire colors did what on the Ford light, I'd get a 12 volt power source and some wire jumpers to see what comes on when the circuits are energized.The Ford is probably grounded or neds a good ground to work, so don't rubber mount it without having a ground wire.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)
The following user(s) said Thank You: locolobo

More
15 Nov 2011 20:37 #488674 by locolobo
Replied by locolobo on topic brke lites
i just found out that i only have a brke lite when i use front brke lever no lite when i use rear brake....i have no idea...but i will try that and see what happens...it could be something stupid on my part.....all wires to turn signals front and rear have been removed....the horn doesnt work either....but it runs....lol
thanks

would i ground the blk/yel both of them to the frame or ground wires on the lites...thanx

locolobo

More
16 Nov 2011 00:23 #488702 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic brke lites
To see if the Black with Yellow stripe wire is connected to a ground for the frame, take a multimeter set on ohms X 200, and put one test probe(it does not matter which color,black or red)and the other on the battery Negative(-) battery terminal/post.

Some meters have an audio signal for electrical continuity, so you might hear a sound doing this test. If there is no sound, the display may show "00", indicating continuity.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)
The following user(s) said Thank You: locolobo

More
16 Nov 2011 15:49 #488803 by locolobo
Replied by locolobo on topic brke lites
thks...i will check will let you knw what happens.....im not too good well im not good at electrical period....lol....

locolobo