AGM Battery, Any Good Tricks to revive one?

• Motor Head
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
16 Oct 2011 18:15 - 16 Oct 2011 18:18 #483560 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic AGM Battery, Any Good Tricks to revive one?
Ok I went and rechecked the Draw. This time I used my Good Fluke 88 meter, ;) instead of the HF cheapie. :sick:
It is 7ma from the clock. The stupid HF meter reads the same number with the meter set to the MA or A scale. So I was dumb for thinking it was right. Should have pulled out the real gear to test it. Just got back from HF and returned both the Low Reading Compression Tester and the POS Cheap Meter. Its the one they are currently giving away with a coupon. I paid $1.99 before, and its my third. They fail if you measure anywhere near the rated 10Amps, even though the fuse is still good. :angry:
So Current Draw is OK and Charging System is also.
All while riding the Connie, B)
Going to buy a new battery for it. Right now I'm using the 18-LA I got from Napa, out of the KZ. Works great, the flooded battery, just to tall to get the tool tray back in. Even though this is the listed Battery on all of the web sites, in a flooded lead acid. So I have to watch the dimensions on purchase.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Last edit: 16 Oct 2011 18:18 by Motor Head.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
17 Oct 2011 21:35 #483865 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic AGM Battery, Any Good Tricks to revive one?
So new Lead Acid 18-LA on order from Z1 with some other Connie parts, all with the KZ order. Now that's service. :)

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.