aftermarket tail light!! GONNA FREAK OUT

More
15 Oct 2011 17:39 #483366 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic aftermarket tail light!! GONNA FREAK OUT
1N4003 1 amp diodes are avaiable at any good electronic store,while there, ask how the polarity is marked and how you'd install them in your light(bring it along). I'd imagine soldering will be needed as the diodes have solid wire leads.

If you don't have one, get a 25 watt soldering iron,some Rosin core solder,Rosin flux,rubbing alcohol and a small acid brush for flux cleanup. Never use acid flux or acid solder for electrical work as it will quickly corrode the joint.

If the iron has not been "Tinned"(coated with fresh solder)plug it in and wait a few minutes until it gets to operating temperature, and then unroll a few inches of the solder, and using paper towels or rag, wipe off the fingerprint oils.

Taking the solder, apply a small amount on the heated soldering iron tip untill it is evenly coated, wipe off the excess, and now the soldering iron has been "Tinned" ready for use.

Use the damp sponge or rag to occasionally wipe off the soldering irons tip as the "Tinned" tip will oxidize due to the heat and might require re-tinning.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2011 22:32 #483423 by Kz luv
Replied by Kz luv on topic aftermarket tail light!! GONNA FREAK OUT
Try Harrison specialties they have a module that may work, it's about $99. I bought one for my tail lights/ turn signals. www.harrisonspecialties.com/

More
15 Oct 2011 23:50 #483448 by bearshawk
Replied by bearshawk on topic aftermarket tail light!! GONNA FREAK OUT
WOW that spendy huh?... i might just put the old one back on for that price...

1978 kz650 sr- long time project/first bike mostly gone
1979 kz659 sr- new acquisition NEXT project GONE

Both 650s combined to make one great bike! with a new powerplant

it is a 79 frame, 78 front end, both 78 wheels and brakes, 78 body work and a 80' 750-4 motor with gpz 750 cams and a kerker and...

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
15 Oct 2011 23:57 #483450 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic aftermarket tail light!! GONNA FREAK OUT
There is another thread that sounds like the same thing, maybe same light same supplier/ manufacturer?
www.kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/48308...ng-light-problemleds

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...