82 Kz750 neutral light on. THATS IT!!!!

• doubledragon11988
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Oct 2011 04:23 #480895 by doubledragon11988
82 Kz750 neutral light on. THATS IT!!!! was created by doubledragon11988
hey guys. back again asking another question. hahahaha, I was just wondering about my lights. With my ignition on the only lights I get is my neutral light. Nothing else works. My fuses all check out good. could this be a bad ground somewhere? just thought I'd ask.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
02 Oct 2011 10:01 #480914 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic 82 Kz750 neutral light on. THATS IT!!!!
Check the bulbs in the gauges/ console. Bulbs burn out.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• doubledragon11988
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Oct 2011 02:05 #483087 by doubledragon11988
Replied by doubledragon11988 on topic 82 Kz750 neutral light on. THATS IT!!!!
fixed my problem with my lights. everything working now. I had a bad ground coming off the battery. stupid me didn't think of my simple things first.lolz. now I'm just having problems getting spark to my spark plugs. thats next and I'm hoping after this it will start.

More
14 Oct 2011 02:23 #483092 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic 82 Kz750 neutral light on. THATS IT!!!!
Do you have a mutimeter? If so, it can be used o find out where voltage is and isn't.
Set the meter on VDC(Volts Direct current) range of 20. With the tank removed for access to the ignition coils, turn the ignition switch to the "On" position, make sure the run/stop switch is set to run.

Put the Black probe on either the Negative(-) battery terminal or a good frame ground, and the Red probe on where the red wire goes to either of the ignition coils. You should have battery voltage, if no voltage, open up the right handlebar switch pod and inspect the wiring at the run/stop switch for bad solder joints(some of the older Kawasaki's are having crumbled solder connections).

If you need soldering information, I'll post step by step instructions on how to solder.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

• doubledragon11988
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Oct 2011 18:31 #483216 by doubledragon11988
Replied by doubledragon11988 on topic 82 Kz750 neutral light on. THATS IT!!!!
got spark today. checked the little connections coming off the coil and they weren't plugged in. lolz. spark was good enough to see during the sunlight hours. unfortunately after that my battery died. so i'm giving a trickle charge to charge it for awhile. hopefully after this it'll kick over. everything else that I know of is good to go.

More
14 Oct 2011 19:24 #483221 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic 82 Kz750 neutral light on. THATS IT!!!!
Those 1/4" wide push on female connectors on the stock Kawasaki ignition coils can be carefully tightened up, by first removing the connector, and then using a pair of needle nose pliers, squeeze tighter the two pieces of metal that grip the matching male piece on the ignition coil. If done correctly, there sould be little side to side play when the pieces are connected.

The Dyna and Accel replacement ignition coils need #10 ring terminals for the primary connections, so if you're considering getting either of these coils, invest in a good,ratcheting crimper.

Here's good information on crimpers:

www.pbase.com/mainecruising/wire_termination
(The Good, Bad, & Ugly Wire Crimpers)

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)