patch panel on 77 kz1000-A oem 6 pin connectors

More
30 Jul 2011 19:39 #465896 by wdizard
Dear sir, Thankyou for your help. Are the stock wire connectors in the brown,white,green,and blue 6pin sockets reuseable, or can you pull a wire out of the socket and put it back in? If so does the wire exit by pulling through the back, or pushing through the front?I think they might be locked in. Sincerely, Greg :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2011 20:26 #465908 by 650ed
In the connectors I've worked with each wire has a little prong that can be depressed (with difficulty) using a dental pick or similar tool. Then the wire is pulled back out rather than being pushed through. It is not easy to do (at least for me). Why are you removing the wires from the connector? I ask because in my case I needed to replace the plastic connector (it had overheated). I found it easier to carefully cut the connector into pieces and remove it from the wires without damaging the wires. With the wires free I could then simply plug them into a replacement connector - no muss/no fuss. If you find it too difficult to depress the little prongs you may want to consider following my method. Let me know if you need a source for the plastic connector. Ed

Attachment BurntConnector.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wdizard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.