• Page:

TOPIC:

plan of attack 2 08 May 2006 14:44 #45958

• calisot12
  • calisot12's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
In my first post a was only slightly more ignorant than I am now. History:

I have a Gpz305 engine number indicates 1982 but may be > 83?? On the rightside I removed the cover and I have a 3 yellow wire alternator and two reluctor pickups set at 180 degrees. I've done some limited research on electronic ignitions and am pretty convinced of the above observations. I also have three wires coming out of the alternator cover that are bundled with the three yellow wires. My guess is that the three yellow wires are a three-phase altenator coil, and the black, white and red wires may be an inductor coil??

I know I have heap-powerful AC coming from the yellow wires (Yikes!!.. I'm OK)I don't have equipment to measure a signal coming from the reluctor pickups, but I'm pretty sure this is what they are. Need clarification on whether or not I have an excitable three -phase alternator? With or without induction coil?

The only wiring diagram I have for this application is for a Gpz305 and the older Ninja 250's. Both indicate these couplings go into a CDI unit that I'm currently unable to obtain. If these components are what they seem to be, I think I may be able to use Lou's GPZ550 HEI application? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I'm not becoming a pest, you guys have always been helpful. I just can't come to grips with not being able to make this engine run. Thanx again for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

plan of attack 2 08 May 2006 15:37 #45972

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
You only have three posts, how could you be a pest? I've asked a boatload of stupid questions and nobody here has jumped down my throat yet!
What's a reluctor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: