NO ELECTRICAL AT ALL NOW

• painfulink333
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Jun 2011 16:55 #458973 by painfulink333
NO ELECTRICAL AT ALL NOW was created by painfulink333
hello i have an issue with my bike ...77 kz 650...was running damn good ..lost charge ..went and tried to jump from a car .......yeah i know shouldnt be done ...but only way to try and get it home not sure what happened everything was wet from rain ....got lights..horn then sparks and some smoke from below battery ....then all was dark no lights no horn ...nothing ....next day found some wires that were bare ....taped them and such hooked up a battery charger and it wouldnt read as it was charging .....no ideas as to problem .......battery?????rectifier????any ideas as to problems

1977 kz650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2011 17:34 #458979 by jonnybravo
Replied by jonnybravo on topic NO ELECTRICAL AT ALL NOW
u fried it, probably need all new shit :(

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
23 Jun 2011 17:45 #458985 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic NO ELECTRICAL AT ALL NOW
Some from below the Battery, probably cooked the Rectifiers Diodes. This would require a new R/R assy. There is testing in your manual for it. Un hook the R/R, check all the fuses. Get a test light or Meter to check battery voltage. Charge it outside of the bike. Test it with a meter, then say a head light bulb. or take it to a Auto store for testing. There are several things that may have smoked. Get a charge/ good battery then start testing for power along the circuits. Look for and repair any heat damaged wiring. Most likely from R/R to battery, and R/R to Stator. Stator may be toast, check it for the proper resistance/Ohms for shorts and opens.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
23 Jun 2011 18:47 #459004 by jonnybravo
u may need new wiring harness, seen this before

More
23 Jun 2011 18:49 #459005 by jonnybravo
wait let me guess, the car was running right?? its ok to jump from a car/truck but only if it aint running

More
23 Jun 2011 21:59 - 23 Jun 2011 22:03 #459035 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic NO ELECTRICAL AT ALL NOW
Last edit: 23 Jun 2011 22:03 by loudhvx.