Underneath the left side cover

More
18 Jun 2011 03:21 #457954 by Seansworth
Underneath the left side cover was created by Seansworth
Underneath the left side cover on my bike there is an on/off switch and a push button that I can't figure out what they are. The on/off switch is forward of the regulator and the push button is behind it. The previous owner was trying to rewire the bike so these may be added items by him. I wanted to ask here if anyone knew what they were before I toss them. I can't find any information in the factory diagrams that says what they are. I'm sorry that I don't have pictures. I can't find my camera.

1978 Kawasaki KZ 750 B3

Oklahoma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2011 09:21 #457976 by btchalice
Replied by btchalice on topic Underneath the left side cover
its not original . probably there if he lost his keys :)

Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

More
18 Jun 2011 11:26 #457996 by Seansworth
Replied by Seansworth on topic Underneath the left side cover

btchalice wrote: its not original . probably there if he lost his keys :)

Thanks for the reply. At least I have a spare on/off switch now if I feel like adding something later. B)

His idea of 'rewiring' the bike included cutting all of the wires as close to their source as he could. The right handlebar switch pod is basically useless as-is so I think the on-off switch is the cutoff switch for the engine and the push button might have been his idea of an electric start. Somehow (fortunately) the left handlebar switch pod was removed from the bike with its wires and connector intact. I'm going to have to take the right switch pod apart and solder wires directly to the switches inside. The joys of fixing someone else's project. :P

1978 Kawasaki KZ 750 B3

Oklahoma