Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DYNA HELP 05 May 2006 02:04 #45228

• opositive
  • opositive's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
MY DYNA IS KILLING ME THE TEST LIGHT STAYS ON. COULD IT BE BECAUSE THE MODEL IS DCT2-1??? ALSO DID RELAY MOD RECHECKED WIRE DIAGRAMS 100S TIMESDO I NEED THE IC IGNITOR CAN I RAN STRAIGHT FROM THE DYNA ? (WHICH LOOKS LIKE MAY BE FOR A HONDA?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DYNA HELP 05 May 2006 03:30 #45231

• kzrider
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 91
DCT2-1?? This is a Dyna S for a 81 J, right? Then it should be DS2-1, I think. Other members here are far more knowledgable about this than me though.

I thought about getting a Dyna S a few weeks back since my pickup coils were shot. Didn't go with the Dyna though, since I got a great deal on a used pickup coil assy. Anyway, the Dyna S eliminates the need for an ignitor.

I'm sure you have it, but here's a link to the install instructions (for the DS2-1 and DS2-2 that is...)

www.dynaonline.com/english/instruct/DS2-1_2-2.pdf
1976 Z750 B1
1980 Z1000 MkII A4

DYNA HELP 05 May 2006 04:42 #45234

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
This happened to me when I installed my Dyna. Turned out I didn't have a good connection witht the red wire that splices in. It's a plastic connector with a metal guillotine splicer. I didn't have the plastic cover snapped down tight, and the guillotine hadn't cut thru the insullation enough to make a good connection. I squeezed it down with needle nose pliers, and my test light started working.
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

DYNA HELP 05 May 2006 10:56 #45287

• BARNEYHYPHEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
FWIW, IMHO, Solder & shrinkwrap all electrical joints as and when you have to do any work on them.

Don't forget to slide the shrinkwrap on to the wire, before you solder the joint AND, slide it 6"+ down the wire, away from where you are soldering, until the joint cools.

Bullet joints are ok, if you need a quick disconnect at a later date but hit them with a touck of vaseline first and then shrinkwrap them.

• Page: