MUSTERY LEAD WITH BUTT SPLICE

• jacksdad
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1979 kz 750 OUCH, IT SPARKED
More
16 May 2011 09:51 #451408 by jacksdad
MUSTERY LEAD WITH BUTT SPLICE was created by jacksdad
SO BEHIND THE SOLENOID THERE IS A BLACK WIRE THAT HAS A BUTT SPLICE ON IT, ANY IDEA WHERE IT GOES TO, WHEN I FOLLOWED IT, IT DISAPEARS INTO THE HARNESS,(I AIN'T BREAKING THAT DOWN, IF IIT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT RIGHT), ANYWAY IT IS A 1979 KZ750 TWIN THAT I HAVE TO KICKSTART BECAUSE THE NEW BATTERY I GOT WON'T DO THE TRICK, MAYBE DEFECTIVE, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, AREN'T BLACK WIRES USUALLY GROUNDS?

1979 kz750 twin cyl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
16 May 2011 10:02 #451411 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic MUSTERY LEAD WITH BUTT SPLICE
Do you have a manual for your bike? How about a camera to post up what you see?
Black with a yellow stripe is KAW's ground wire for most models. If the New battery won't run the starter, what are the symptoms? Just Nothing when the button is pushed, clutch lever pulled in? Or just a click at the solenoid? Or slow to turn over?

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• jacksdad
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1979 kz 750 OUCH, IT SPARKED
More
16 May 2011 10:15 #451414 by jacksdad
Replied by jacksdad on topic MUSTERY LEAD WITH BUTT SPLICE
YEAH I GOT AN ONLINE DOWNLOADED MANUAL, WHEN THE BUTTON IS PUSHED, ONLY THE SELONOID CLICKS, LIGHT WORK, JUST DOESN'T HAVE THE POWER TO TURN THE STARTER, IT'S A PRETTY NEW BATTERY, ALTHOUGH IT SAT DEAD FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS, I'M WORKING ON A CAMERA TO POST PICS, THERE WILL BE SOME IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

1979 kz750 twin cyl.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
16 May 2011 10:28 #451419 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic MUSTERY LEAD WITH BUTT SPLICE
Do you have a Volt Meter? Check the battery voltage, when the start button is pushed. Should be above 11 volts if battery is good. Check the two cables from the battery. Negative will go down to mount at the rear of the engine block. This must be clean and tight. Then the positive cable will go down to the solenoid, again clean & tight. If you suspect the solenoid, you can Jump across the two big posts with a socket extension, as it will be a lot of current/ AMPs, and see if it will turn the motor. Still checking voltage at battery to confirm it is holding a charge level high enough to supply the starter.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacksdad