PLEASE DONT BURN UP AGAIN!!!

• Kitten Tooth
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 May 2011 00:21 #450601 by Kitten Tooth
PLEASE DONT BURN UP AGAIN!!! was created by Kitten Tooth
Mkay, i rebuilt the starter with a weird kit that i bought off ebay. this kit included all of the wear-out able parts. Bushings, insulators, brushes, washers, and O-rings. I used the plastic insulator that goes on the inside of the starter, and the 3 orange insulators as well along with the new O-rings and brushes. The brushes didn't need replaced but i figured while i was in there i might as well replace them. I re-assembled the starter motor flawlessly(i think) and tested it on my 12 volt battery charger. Powers right up and spins hard:D cant stop it with your hand or anything like that. im really happy with how its working but before i install it i was wondering if i should grease the bushings or anything like that. There is a bushing in the front cap and the rear cap on the motor. I cleaned everything really well before re-assembly too. Lots of black magnet dust on everything. upon disassembling everything, i found that the positive post on the starter motor had pretty much arch welded itself to the outer casing on the motor.. it got so hot that the metal started on fire:/ everything is nice and new in there now and i want to keep it that way. Is grease necessary in there? Note- All of the parts in this kit were usable minus the bushings. they were the complete wrong size. My bike was listed as compatible for this kit. I do recommend this kit if your wondering about it... i heard Kawasaki didn't make kits for their starter motors so im guessing some guy is just making them and selling them on there. When everything is together ill post a video :)

Thanks guys,
KT

1981 Kawasaki KZ1000-K LTD
1983 Suzuki GS300L-D
1982 Suzuki GS300L-Z sold:(
1976 KZ400D3
1973 Z900... I WISH

DO A BARREL ROLL!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.