NEW RH Switch has TWO blue wires??

• iamkalaniprince
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Rule!
More
12 Mar 2011 12:35 #437404 by iamkalaniprince
NEW RH Switch has TWO blue wires?? was created by iamkalaniprince
Hey all, tried searching the net to find out which blue wire I'm supposed to be using but just can't find anything.

The old RH on/off switch assembly has one plug style connector and one blue female wire that is separate from the plug.

The new is the same except it has a male blue and a female flat style connector. Both are blue without stripes. I got it from Z1 ent and it didn't come with a diagram or anything.

Does anyone know what that single blue wire is?, and which off the new switch assembly I should be using?

Thanks so much for taking the time : )

kalani-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
12 Mar 2011 12:52 #437408 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic NEW RH Switch has TWO blue wires??
kind of bike? B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
12 Mar 2011 14:27 #437431 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic NEW RH Switch has TWO blue wires??
I don't remember when Kawasaki started using dual filiment bulbs in the front turn signals as running lights, but this sounds to me as a source for the running light system, as on my 1982 GPz1100's wiring diagram shows blue wires going there.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
12 Mar 2011 17:00 #437482 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic NEW RH Switch has TWO blue wires??
What model do you have?

On the Z1's, the RH switch has the headlight on/off switch in the horizonal switch.

The middle setting is for a 'pilot' light (PO = Pilot On). A low wattage third beam in the headlight used in Europe for riding in town s where there are street lights.

On North American models, connect the two blues together. On one blue there's a double female, the other blue a single male bullet connector. The second wire going into in the double female will come from the LH switchblock.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

• iamkalaniprince
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Rule!
More
13 Mar 2011 19:06 #437783 by iamkalaniprince
Replied by iamkalaniprince on topic NEW RH Switch has TWO blue wires??
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

What model do you have?

On the Z1's, the RH switch has the headlight on/off switch in the horizonal switch.

The middle setting is for a 'pilot' light (PO = Pilot On). A low wattage third beam in the headlight used in Europe for riding in town s where there are street lights.

On North American models, connect the two blues together. On one blue there's a double female, the other blue a single male bullet connector. The second wire going into in the double female will come from the LH switchblock.

[IMG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• iamkalaniprince
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Rule!
More
13 Mar 2011 19:18 #437789 by iamkalaniprince
Sorry about the image above, for some reason imageshack was set to a small resized default..Much love, I hope this is better.
[IMG

• iamkalaniprince
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Rule!
More
13 Mar 2011 21:02 #437814 by iamkalaniprince
Problem solved!! Thank you Jeff.. I did what you said with the blue wires then plugged the missing brown in just for the heck of it and she fired right up..

Big mahalo's to you sir!

More images/video to come with the KZ!