DYNA 2000 anyone running it.

More
05 Dec 2010 07:54 #415434 by Mike Brown
DYNA 2000 anyone running it. was created by Mike Brown
I have tried everything I can think of and I'm still not getting any spark in my bare bones style wiring set up. Frustrated I have considered a whole ignition system and Im kinda thinking of going with the dyna 2000. Just looking to see if anyone else has run this system? Thank you for any and all help.B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
05 Dec 2010 09:06 #415439 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic DYNA 2000 anyone running it.
Mike, I have the Dyna 2000 on my bike, and I love it. My bike started on the first try after sitting for 15 yrs. However, I do have a complete electrical system on my bike. How bare bones are you, exactly? BTW, loudhvx has a bare bones wiring diagram that has worked. You should probably contact him before you buy the Dyna. I could walk you through the installation of the Dyna 2000 on a standard electrical setup, but I'm not sure how it would work if you weren't running a battery for example.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

More
05 Dec 2010 10:06 #415446 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic DYNA 2000 anyone running it.
Mike Brown wrote:

...not getting any spark in my bare bones style wiring set up. Frustrated I have considered a whole ignition system and Im kinda thinking of going with the dyna 2000....

As discussed in the earlier thread, has testing been done on the igniter and ohm testing done on ignition coils?
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...d=4&id=414636#414855
Lack of spark could result from something besides coil or igniter failure internally, such as faulty igniter ground wire connection. The black/yellow wire from igniter is supposed to ground the igniter. Am thinking that absent such ground, neither coil will fire.

New Dyna-S or Dyna 2000 ignition will eliminate the oem igniter, and together with new coils plus new spark plug wires should eliminate any existing ignition wiring deficiencies.
And would also install four brand new NGK B8ES spark plugs.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD