Mystery connector

More
29 Oct 2010 10:37 - 29 Oct 2010 12:04 #409760 by Cobb
Mystery connector was created by Cobb
Guys,
I took off the rectangular headlight of my KZ750L.
I disconnected all the electrical connector boxes that go from the Speedo assembly, hand controls headlight ,etc.
I reconnected them all 45seconds later, and now I can only find 1 of the 2 connection box off the left hand controls to plug into the main harness. It’s the one that controls to horn and turn signal.
What is funny and sad, is that when I turn on the ignition the horn goes off.
I am very confused., and do not know how to read wiring diagrams. Can anyone help?
I have attached a pic.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Oct 2010 12:04 by Cobb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2010 10:46 #409762 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Mystery connector
No pic visible yet,
but you must have crossed or pinched some wires. The Horn gets power from the its brown wire then the black/white wire goes to the button which gives a path to the frame ground. You must have shorted the black/white wire somehow (or the button is stuck).

Since you may have swapped a connector, check the colors of wires on both sides of each connector to see if there is a mismatch.

More
29 Oct 2010 12:07 #409776 by Cobb
Replied by Cobb on topic Mystery connector
Thanks for feedback I have the pic on the site now.
I really like your kz. very unique tailsection. I have the same one , its red too not as nice as yours.

More
29 Oct 2010 14:07 #409798 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Mystery connector
Thanks for the compliments. :)

Usually most of the connectors end up in the headlight bucket.

More
29 Oct 2010 14:32 #409802 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Mystery connector
Wiring diagrams are electrical road maps, they show how current energizes the many and various electrical items on a motorcycle.

If you look carefully on the diagram or schematic(another term used interchangably, the wires will some times have a tracer with another color.

For example, on most Kawasaki's the ground wires are BLACK with a YELLOW tracer or stripe.

When going through a junction,switch or light, the wires may pick up or loose a tracer, but for the most part will retain the basic color description of the circuit.

Another example of this would be the right handlebar run/stop switch. On one side of the switch the wires are solid RED going to both ignition coils, comming out of the switch the wires are YELLOW with RED stripe going to the ignition switch.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)