Yuasa Batteries - definately a step above the rest

More
06 Oct 2010 15:13 - 06 Oct 2010 17:07 #404604 by LP440
I recently sent Yuasa an email to tell them of the battery I purchased and how I felt I did not get my money's worth for only a 3 years life while maintaining the battery properly and not abusing it.

wow!!!...did I ever get a lesson in product service and accountability.

I just got a phone call from an account rep at Yuasa battery USA in regards to the email that I sent to them stating that my AGM Yuasa only lasted 3 years. They told me that my date code indicated that the battery was manufactured a year before I bought it and that if it was not maintained properly before sale that that could have had an impact on its life. I told them I was very appreciative for the feedback and I understand. I also asked what should I do when purchasing one and making sure the store I got it from was OK.......they told me that the distribution of the batteries is their responsibility and that I should not have to worry about it.

Not done yet....they are sending me a new AGM for my bike today at no cost to me.......because they felt in my case that the battery's shortened life was not attibuted to maintanance or abuse on my part but that the battery was not properly maintained by the sales rep prior to selling.

Yuasa is still primarily manufactured on USA as well as other parts of the world. They strive to make a superior product and now that I've had this personal experience with them I can see they mean business.
Last edit: 06 Oct 2010 17:07 by LP440.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.