Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dyna S wiring question 17 Apr 2006 13:22 #40249

• caseyess
  • caseyess's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I've been working on installing a Dyna S ignition into my 1980 KZ650F (USA model). Now I've reached the point where Dyna's "Installation Guide" (which I'm pretty certain was transcribed from a cocktail napkin late at night) has me at a dead end.
So here are my questions -- how you use that blue wire splicer thing? Do you have to snip anything? If not, how do you connect the red wire from the Dyna to the red/yellow coil wire? And which 12v wire do you connect to?
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dyna S wiring question 17 Apr 2006 13:40 #40254

• Mark Wing
  • User
  • Thank you received: 22
It's been a while but I think you exchange the dyna wire with the coil wires and the "blue" connector goes over one wire, you'll see that it's made for one wire to pass through and one wire stops in the connector. You just put over the wire of choice and put the dyna feed wire in and squeeze the connector with some pliers. I used the brake light switch hot for the 12V hook up.
Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

Dyna S wiring question 18 Apr 2006 06:41 #40447

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Dyna suggest splicing the hot wire from the Dyna S into the wires that power the coils using the blue 3 way splice. Since the blue 3 way splice is junk, I suggest you remove some insulation from the hot wire coming from he Dyna S and your coil wires and solder them and then use some heat shrink over this splice. This will provide a secure connection. The blue splice will not. Essentially, the blue splice has teeth meant to bite through the same wires' insulation and these bites tend to collection corrosion over time and loosen. Have a look at the coil repowering write up in the Filebase which shows the connection for a Dyna S (an optional step) in the wiring diagram.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Dyna S wiring question 18 Apr 2006 08:00 #40467

• BARNEYHYPHEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm with WG. Whenever you get a chance, SOLDER & SHRINKWRAP.

• Page: