MY BIKE IS GONE!!!!!

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
18 Sep 2010 17:55 - 18 Sep 2010 17:57 #399738 by kz1k
MY BIKE IS GONE!!!!! was created by kz1k
well i had a guy come by yesterday and today and we still cant get spark. its got all that dyna ingntion and coil crap on there. he said it would be nice if i had the old point set to hook up. it would be easier.

so anyway i just loaded it up in his truck. hes ganna take it to his house. he has a friend who knows more than him about bikes. the guy is ganna look at it tues, or wed. i think the dyna ingition is shot. when i use a test light it lights up instead of lighting up and pulsing when start button is pressed. so we shall see.....:)

if anyone has a dyna 3 ignition laying around that works lemme know. thanks Joe

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?
Last edit: 18 Sep 2010 17:57 by kz1k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
18 Sep 2010 18:06 #399742 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic MY BIKE IS GONE!!!!!
Look here in the classifieds, there was one for $75.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
18 Sep 2010 18:19 #399750 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic MY BIKE IS GONE!!!!!
Motor Head wrote:

Look here in the classifieds, there was one for $75.

thanks...i sent him a email about the dyna. i need to make sure thats the issue before i buy another 1. but i really cant think of any other thing it could be. thanks again for the heads up.

my bike dosnt even run yet and i miss it!!!!:unsure:

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

More
18 Sep 2010 19:57 #399778 by austin3119
Replied by austin3119 on topic MY BIKE IS GONE!!!!!
Dyna's good stuff. Sorry to hear about your problems.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
18 Sep 2010 20:30 - 18 Sep 2010 20:32 #399782 by kz1k
austin3119 wrote:

Dyna's good stuff. Sorry to hear about your problems.

im hoping its not anything to do with the dyna parts, but more the wiring. its kinda hard to mess up the skematics on the dyna ignition, but who the F knows what this bike has had done to it. hopefully this guy knows his stuff.

i met him from a add on craigslist. i told him i had no $ but could do a trade of some sort, he declined and came over yesterday anyway. i gave him some really good smoke instead. he dosnt smoke, but his wife does...she liked it.:P anyway, today he came over again and i gave him 25 bucks for gas and time. im pretty sure he is not ganna charge me for the figuring out the wiring o the bike. but there is that part of me that thinks in the back of my head that he has my bike and i may never see him again. he made a joking comment he wasnt ganna steal my bike. i feel like i can trust him. he also said if i get froggy i can come by anytime, he will give me directions. we shall see. if karma works, ill get my bike back with a spark. knock on wood.:woohoo:

1978 KZ1000A2

Last edit: 18 Sep 2010 20:32 by kz1k.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
18 Sep 2010 20:36 #399783 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic MY BIKE IS GONE!!!!!
While Craigs is a Scammer hang out, I truly believe there are way more real and honest people out there. This guy already came out and worked on it once, then you had some sort of spark. Maybe he can get it again for you. Or find some others parts bike for you if you need it. Bike contacts in the local area can pay big dividends.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
18 Sep 2010 21:03 #399795 by kz1k
the only thing in life i lack is patience. :blush:

im kinda pissed i dont have the stock ignition setup. the guy helpng me said that they are way easier to make work, but might be tough on some to get the timing right. then i also hear good stuff about dyna.

when i search dynas ignitions, it seems they have come out with new gear. my ignition is the dyna 3. old school i guess.

yeah guysm if i can get my fire down, its in with the fuel and fire her up....knock on wood.

i was looking at fuel filters on kz1. are there any filters that are the "best"?

1978 KZ1000A2

More
18 Sep 2010 21:11 #399797 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic MY BIKE IS GONE!!!!!
kz1k wrote:

i was looking at fuel filters on kz1. are there any filters that are the "best"?

Golan mini or super-mini.

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
18 Sep 2010 21:41 - 18 Sep 2010 21:51 #399799 by kz1k
kz1 carry em? 45 bucks for 1? :silly: :blink:

1978 KZ1000A2

Last edit: 18 Sep 2010 21:51 by kz1k.