Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Diagram missing Fuse Box? 15 Apr 2006 17:22 #39781

• spearx
  • spearx's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I had a little adventure today at the Kawasaki Dealer here in town (Indianapolis, IN).

I found a blown fuse in the fuse box located exactly where the owners manual said I would. I check a couple of auto parts stores close to me without finding a match. Therefore, off to the Kawasaki dealer I go to get the official part I need.

The person at the parts counter was very helpful and first checked the “shelf-o-fuses” with no success. We walk over the computer system and we dial in the 1983 KZ750-K1, twin belt drive, diagrams and look at Electrical Chassis Equipment. Much to my surprise, no fuse box was listed for the K1. The Accessory Fuse Box shows up in the diagram, but no Fuse Box. I checked the Kawasaki website and got the same result.

Interesting; I have a fuse box and the owner’s manual shows me a fuse box, but the official Kawasaki diagrams shows no such animal. Has anyone else run into this little problem? This is the second such odd difference between dealer information and my bike that I have run across.

BTW, I did get the fuse I needed at a Honda dealer – correct size and amperage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Diagram missing Fuse Box? 15 Apr 2006 21:49 #39831

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
The reason the parts clerk couldn't find it on his computer and you couldn't find it on the Kaw website is because neither of you enlarged the diagram enough to see it (it's small compared to the accy fuse box).

I circled it in the pic below. ;)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ
Attachments:

Diagram missing Fuse Box? 16 Apr 2006 19:29 #40039

• spearx
  • spearx's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
You are right :woohoo: I am going to take a closer look at those diagrams.

Thanks for the circled diagram.

Diagram missing Fuse Box? 16 Apr 2006 19:45 #40049

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
Not a prob. ;)

For the listing of your bike on the buykawasaki.com website, you'll see small icons above the diagram pictures (+ sign manifying glass = enlarge, - sign magnifying glass = shrink, floppy disc icon = save current picture, printer icon....well, you get the idea) that are used.
Heck, before I bought a manual for my bike I copied all the diagrams and ref# listings for my bike for easy offline reference and to print diagram pics quickly.
If I got a printed diagram all covered in oil/grease and made it unreadable....pfft! I just printed out another one. :lol:
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

• Page: