its got a mind of its own

More
07 Sep 2010 19:01 - 07 Sep 2010 19:03 #396897 by tmstoltz
its got a mind of its own was created by tmstoltz
well after going threw all of the electrical and ignition. I think it could be the valves,Sunday i went to the garage turn on the key pulled the choke turned the gas on to prime hit the start button and she fired right up, so we went for a ride to carson city and on the way back we went threw virginia city and back home 60 mile ride, she ran like a new bike, then the next day went out to start her up did everything the way i did the prievious day she fired right up. i ran the motor for about 3 min. shut her down called my friend to go for a ride he shows up and she wouldent start for nothing i checked the compression 60 lbs. each cylender put a little oil in each spark plug hole and no change still 60 lbs. today i tried again and she fired right up warmed her for aprox.5 min shut her down and checked the compression 100 lbs. all 4. so mabe a sticking intake valve? i put a little auto trans fluid in the tank and ran her for about 30 min. hopefully this will help. I dont know what else it could be. has anyone out there had a problem like this? by the way Street vibrations is sept.22 threw sept.28. last year we had 35,000 bikes and at least 100 topless women up in virginia city hope you all can make it this year. look it up on the net. hope my bike is running.
Last edit: 07 Sep 2010 19:03 by tmstoltz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2010 19:49 #396916 by stardon
Replied by stardon on topic its got a mind of its own
Did you pull a spark plug and check for a spark when it didn't start? I doubt it's a valve problem, my guess would be bad/intermitent contact in the ignition or kill switch.

More
07 Sep 2010 21:18 #396945 by tmstoltz
Replied by tmstoltz on topic its got a mind of its own
I did, and it was getting what seemed to be a week spark, on cylender 1 and 3, I have been thinking possibly the ic ignighter, Untill I did that compression check cyl.1 60lbs. cyl 2, 60psi. cly. 3, 70.lbs. cyl. 4, 70.lbs. then in the morning she fire right up and after 5 min. running all cyl. 98 to 100lbs. im pulling my hair out at this point. possible baldness by end of week.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
08 Sep 2010 18:13 #397108 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic its got a mind of its own
Share with us the Leak-down test once its done. And the info on the other motor you might be able to trade for. While you have the leak-down test set up you could do this other motor next? Good to know what to expect before bolting it up.;)

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...