Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No Horn. 10 Apr 2006 12:55 #38324

• kmshaffer
  • kmshaffer's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
My horn hasn't been working. When I first got it it was weak. I adjusted the horn and it was fine. Then one day I had some smoke coming out of my left hand controls. I opened them up and found the horn wire to be not hooked up to anything. I taped it up and there was no smoke, everything else worked good. I tried some things and finally got the horn to work, until I screwed the control back to the handle bars, then it wouldn't work once i got it tight. Here is the wire, does anyone know where I need to attach it and if there is anythign else I need to do.

Post edited by: kmshaffer, at: 2006/04/10 15:56
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No Horn. 10 Apr 2006 13:20 #38327

• fixer5000
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
it would be really helpful if youd put what bike you have in your signature on the bottom of the post..it sure makes it easier to help you troubleshoot your bike this way dont you think? since i have no idea what bike youre talking about i cant help you and i think thats why nobody has answered your post yet...there are a lot of helpful people here just dying to answer your questions...give us a bit of info please!! ready to help...steve
1978 kz650b pretty much stock
\\\\\\\" get there fast but arrive alive \\\\\\\"
massachusetts

No Horn. 10 Apr 2006 20:34 #38507

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Try connecting it to one of the contacts on the backside of the switch. I can't remember off hand which one it connects to. I could look tomorrow in the daylight. The switch housing usually needs to be grounded to the handle bars as well, so if you have painted/black bars, the housing may not be grounding well.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

No Horn. 11 Apr 2006 05:22 #38569

• kmshaffer
  • kmshaffer's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Steve, I got the signature on. also I got the horn fixed. I had everything right, btut I just replaced the whole wire from the horn to switch and it's ok now. Thanks

• Page: