new repro Japanese speedo and tach for Z1 review

More
16 Jul 2010 11:15 #383105 by luc
I got a set of speedo and tach from cgi.ebay.co.uk/new-speedo-clock-KAWASAKI...&hash=item35aa7b655a

for my Z1B ( also for Z1000,Z650,etc) and i wanted to share with you my review after using them for 1 month.

Up to now the only choices for gauges was either to buy used, new one ( only tach is available) from kawasaki for $450 of having them refurbished for about $100 a piece.

Well, now there is another, and i believe much better choice, for less than $110 each ( and that include very FAST shipping from the UK)you can get a brand new, Japanese reproduction .

Save for missing the words "ND" on the face and a needle that is about 1/16 shorter, they are exactly the same and of VERY HIGH quality.
Even as important, the are very precise and accurate with no lag or bouncing around needles.

The guy that I bought them from ( Adam) offer a first rate customer service,I received them 2/3 days after ordering, but one of them got damaged in shipping and Adam sent me another 1 right away ( even wanting to pay for the return shipping), trusting me to send back the damaged one after receiving the new one. This type of customer service is pretty rare those days.

Install is very simple but due to a slightly different base, the bracket need a simple modification that is self-evident one you have them.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give them ( and the buying experience) a perfect 10.

Luc. 1975 Z1B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2010 12:50 #383136 by Pfaelzer
Good to know - thx for the review

1977 KZ 1000
Queen Creek, Arizona

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
16 Jul 2010 12:59 #383141 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic new repro Japanese speedo and tach for Z1 review
awesome...i have those on my list after it gets painted and really have been starting to watch cleaner used ones...but...much rather deal with a new one ,i'm not trying to win a show or copy exact z-1 ect....also the customer support stuff to me is the most important...as things happen and when buying overseas one can get a tad nervous if anything goes a stray....great review...thanx....craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
18 Jul 2010 06:24 #383558 by kenskz1000
Replied by kenskz1000 on topic new repro Japanese speedo and tach for Z1 review
How much in us dollars for set and shipping? They look great, same electronic redline cycle sells for 229.00

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
18 Jul 2010 06:36 #383561 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic new repro Japanese speedo and tach for Z1 review
Do they have the bullet covers for them as well?

More
18 Jul 2010 07:33 #383577 by luc
$110 was the cost including shipping for each one, so for both a tach and spedo it was $220.
There is also an option, I believe for the same price, of an all electronic ( no cable) for the tach.

I don't know for the covers but you can get those very easily ( ebay, americanclassix, z1 enterprise) in the US for about $35