Turn signal beeper?

More
02 Jul 2010 21:15 #379813 by polkat
Turn signal beeper? was created by polkat
I'm one of those older guys who often forgets to turn off my turn signals. I've heard of putting a pizeo beeper in the circuit to remind about this. I'm pretty good at circuits, but does anyone already have a circuit design to do this. It's an '82 KZ750H3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2010 21:28 #379815 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Turn signal beeper?
If you can locate a Mallory Sonalert, it can be wired to the the turn signal flasher relay. They have a loud sound and quite an operating voltage range.

If it's too loud, a piece of tape will reduce the noise somewhat.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
02 Jul 2010 22:30 - 02 Jul 2010 22:34 #379828 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Turn signal beeper?
I used a 12V buzzer I got at radio shack. very small, I mounted it to the steering head with some foam tape. You need two diodes like 1N4001 to "OR" connect to each turn signal hot wire going to the turn signal filament. Connect the anode (positive) end of each diode to each positive TS line, then conect the free ends of the diods together and solder them to the positive end of the buzzer. Ground the negative side of the buzzer and you're done.

EDIT to add: I believe you can (as said above) connect the pos buzzer wire to the positive lead from the turn signal flasher and no diodes required. Run a positive lead from it up and out and you can mount the buzzer some place you can hear it. You still need to ground the neg side of the buzzer.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 02 Jul 2010 22:34 by bountyhunter.