Weird wiring issue. Horn & hazard switch...

More
21 Jun 2010 15:16 #377327 by madmatt1
Well this one is probably gonna make a real dummy out of me, but I'm not too proud to ask anyways. I am buttoning things up on my 1977 KZ1000LTD which I have recently done a bunch of work on, and the only thing that has me puzzled is this-
I put a new OEM left-hand switch on, the exact same as what was on there, with the exception of two things... For one, I had to use my dremel to cut off a locating pin that was not on my original. No biggie. Two, I had to enlarge the opening on the side the wires come out of. I didn't like this, but it had to be done to get it to fit on the handlebar. I'm assuming that this switch was made for internal wiring, which my bike did not have. Anyways, I did that, and wired it up. This is the type with individual bullet connectors, all color coded. I matched up all the colors, double checked them, etc. Finally I did everything else I had to do, and started the bike up. No problems. The High/Low works, turn signals work. The problem, the horn turns on the right signal, and the Hazard turns on the left signal. What did I do wrong?

1977 KZ1000 LTD
1977 KZ1000A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2010 18:43 #377401 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Weird wiring issue. Horn & hazard switch...
Might be wrong connections inside the headlight shell.

Click here > Wiring Diagram Download Button

And then download the wiring diagram.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.