Dyna S problem

More
19 May 2010 07:48 #369003 by KZCool
Dyna S problem was created by KZCool
I recently bought a dyna s system from a guy, and put it on my twin kz750. the electricals all work, and it has great spark output, but if I get the rpms above 4 grand for more than a couple minutes, it messes with my timing advancer and it sticks. I have to get off and twist lobe piece on the crank to reset the advancer arms. there was a lot of play between the advancer and the new lobe piece, so i out a couple of o rings between them and it still happens. i also groud down the arms of the avancer a bit cause they wouldn't fit into the new lobe peice smootly. If anybody with any expieriance with the Dyna s ignitions, i would greatly appreciate some help.

1976 KZ750 hardtail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2010 11:51 #369292 by KZCool
Replied by KZCool on topic Dyna S problem
-bump-

1976 KZ750 hardtail

More
20 May 2010 12:13 #369300 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Dyna S problem
the dyna is made to pretty much bolt on, sounds like your advance unit may be wore out, o rings to me would make it tighter, and thats not really waht you want.
take the advance unit off the bike and check eveything for worn parts, you may need to track down anohter on to make it work right again

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
21 May 2010 16:46 #369633 by KZCool
Replied by KZCool on topic Dyna S problem
The stock lobe fit just fine, this one however had too much play so i added the o rings which gave it the perfect amount of room to turn. :unsure:

1976 KZ750 hardtail