Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HELP BIKE NOT CHARGING 03 Apr 2006 10:09 #36425

• andrew1980csr650
  • andrew1980csr650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i just got my bike together and it is not charging what to check i bypassed the ignition by jumping wires in the headlight bucket and hooked up a toggle to power up my system then the kill switch turn the ignition on and off and i use the push button to start where do i start the bike is a mix match kz1000 with a 82 ltd motor and harness i think

Post edited by: andrew1980csr650, at: 2006/04/03 13:11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HELP BIKE NOT CHARGING 03 Apr 2006 10:42 #36432

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
I'm not sure what the problem is, but in some cases it can be a bad idea to run the bike from jumpered power sources. Some regulators require power. If they don't get it, the charging system can fry your electrical. If the regulator has a brown wire, it needs to have battery voltage on it when running.

HELP BIKE NOT CHARGING 05 Apr 2006 15:22 #36993

• kz750twin
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
:) Had the same problem myself it was a broken wire inside the harness sleeve near the headlight.
I cut open the sleeve to find the wire broke at a factory crimped junction of three wires. also the plugs near the regulator were green molded, my solution was cut solder and shrink tube the connects.

BUT this being said the best way to locate the problem is an ohm meter/wire diagram and patience! IF you can find the service manual for your model you can test for a fryed retify/regulator. I have service manual for 198o kz750m and 1974-1979 kz750b wiring diagram only if this would help, just ask.

dave the man

• Page: