Solid State Replacement question.

More
25 Apr 2010 18:22 #363189 by Krusty_47
Solid State Replacement question. was created by Krusty_47
I am getting ready to go through my electrical system as part of my rebuild project. The project is a 76 KZ900 A4
is 54000 miles on it.

So I was wondering what electrical components can I replace with Solid state ones.

I.E. turn signals flashers, Rectifiers\regulators. I have already done the WG coil mod. I'm just wanting to update the electrical and possibly go to LED turn signal and brake lights.

If you could supply part numbers and places I can find them that would be greatly appreciated. I especially want to replace my Regulator\rectifier for the charging system. I found this one on ebay but I wasn't sure if it would work. cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rectifier-CB550-...fPartsQ5fAccessories

I'm thinking a new wiring harness might not be a bad idea and a new wiring block. That will be this coming winter.

1976 KZ900 A4
1980 KZ1000 G1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2010 19:15 #363193 by Bad Dad
Replied by Bad Dad on topic Solid State Replacement question.
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationKrusty_47 wrote:

I am getting ready to go through my electrical system as part of my rebuild project. The project is a 76 KZ900 A4
is 54000 miles on it.

So I was wondering what electrical components can I replace with Solid state ones.

I.E. turn signals flashers, Rectifiers\regulators. I have already done the WG coil mod. I'm just wanting to update the electrical and possibly go to LED turn signal and brake lights.

If you could supply part numbers and places I can find them that would be greatly appreciated. I especially want to replace my Regulator\rectifier for the charging system. I found this one on ebay but I wasn't sure if it would work. I'm thinking a new wiring harness might not be a bad idea and a new wiring block. That will be this coming winter.

Interesting... keep us posted! :)

76 KZ900LTD
82 GPz750R1
01 VULCAN 800A-CHOPPED
76 IRONHEAD-CHOPPED
77 RD 400 Cafe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.