kz650 Chopped.

More
23 Apr 2010 18:24 #362720 by DestroyKC
kz650 Chopped. was created by DestroyKC
So, I have been lurking your forums for some time, and I and a thread started on kz650info, but for some reason my computer doenst like that site.

So Ill start a new one here in due time (mainly when im not leeching off the cafe for internet and can load the tons of photos i have)

But I have received a bike that was said to be in good condition with the intentions to cafe it out. LIES

Wiring is beyond trash, burned out lines everywhere, some where shits shorted and grounding out.

So i have rebuilt the carbs (have photos will provide) and im in the process of re wiring the bike, i will be doing a minial set up, Front light, brake light, and what ever else is needed to just run like a gorilla from hell.

I was hopin some one had a diagram for a chopped 1980 kz650. cause this wiring is completely fucked and I know next to nothing about electrical. It does have an electric start as well as a kick...

Hope some one can help me.

Thanks

J From KC

1980 KZ650 E1 LTD (CHOPPED)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2010 18:32 #362722 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic kz650 Chopped.
welcome to z-jungle!

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
23 Apr 2010 18:51 #362726 by Jonny
Replied by Jonny on topic kz650 Chopped.
First,

Good luck on the rebuild. I also hate electrical, but I guess its always part of the grind.

You said your computer didn't like the 650info site, which is too bad, as they have large color wiring diagrams for the 650s. My computer has no problem with them, and I could easily download it and pass it along if you like.
What year/model is it?

Jon

Oh yeah, and welcome to KZrider!

'78 KZ 650C2 'Lila'
'71 Norton Commando 750 'Eadie'

St. Catharines, ON (Mostly, anyway...)

More
23 Apr 2010 18:58 #362731 by DestroyKC
Replied by DestroyKC on topic kz650 Chopped.
Well in my short time on kz650 i dled that diagram with all the wiring on it, Having never wired anything but someone elses car temporarily its just plain confusing. That an im color blind so asking my girl to point out the red wire and trace it for me is just not gonna happen. im thinking i may try to read it and re draw it... cause i can kinda tell the colors, just so many small damn lines make it rough.:woohoo:

More
24 Apr 2010 08:01 - 24 Apr 2010 08:03 #362802 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic kz650 Chopped.
Scroll down on this page:
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...imitstart=120#346709

Look for the one I drew up for Chanman17. The main difference on his is the ignition switch is not stock. I can draw one up with the stock switch if I know what bike it's for.

Also, when you get a chance, put your year and model (ending in a letter and a number to be exact) in your signature that way we'll know what bike we are talking about.

:)
Last edit: 24 Apr 2010 08:03 by loudhvx.

More
24 Apr 2010 16:15 #362892 by DestroyKC
Replied by DestroyKC on topic kz650 Chopped.
I have a 1980 KZ650 E LTD. My ignition has been takin out of the controlls, and I have no highbeam low beam. i have toggle switch ill be putting for that because the old ones broke as fuck. I do have an electric start as well as kick.

Im in the process of reading that thread. thanks!