ignition switch

More
12 Apr 2010 17:05 #360185 by rt green
ignition switch was created by rt green
in my quest to rewire my 77 kz 900, i came across an emgo ignition switch. its supose to fit 6 and 4 wire plug ins. mine is a 4 wire plug. has any one of you guys messed with one of these? i was hoping to get one that just plugged in.
i'd hate to plug it in wrong, or have somthing not work.
any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2010 17:39 #360189 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic ignition switch
rt green wrote:

in my quest to rewire my 77 kz 900, i came across an emgo ignition switch. its supose to fit 6 and 4 wire plug ins. mine is a 4 wire plug. has any one of you guys messed with one of these? i was hoping to get one that just plugged in.
i'd hate to plug it in wrong, or have somthing not work.
any help?

dont quote me on this, but i think it will work....the 4 plugs should connect and the 2 you dont need should nt do anything.....i would call z-1 enterprises and ask for jeff.
before you buy anything........he knows z-1's and kz s better than anyone....his prices are competetive and the customer service is not beaten anywhere........

More
12 Apr 2010 17:57 #360195 by rt green
Replied by rt green on topic ignition switch
thanks keith. after looking at a 76 900 vs 77-78 1000 wiring diagram one with [4pins and one with 6 pins respectivley] looks to me the white and the green w/ red stripe i dont use. saw this after i posted and found my clymer book[ the only book i have]. but all in all, its good to check with you guys first. hate to have the 4th of july come early this year when i plug it into the new harness when it gets here. bruce