gutting all my wiring???

More
20 Mar 2010 00:47 #354784 by jayw704
gutting all my wiring??? was created by jayw704
So I understand the general concept of the wiring in my bike... I think (please correct me if i'm wrong though) power leaves the battery to the switch button starter ignition coils plug generator regulator back to the battery then distributed out among the accessories (head tail lights and so forth) Now I have no blinkers or marker lights so no indicators on the dash work theyre just there for show the gauges now light up, electric start led tail light (so when you hit the brakes the brake fail light turns on) So now I know that two of the 3 fuses on the bike are for battery out (main) and in from regulator. Where is the third one too? Ok to the point what the problem is, is the harness on this bike has been destroyed by all the owners adding crap... So I dont need any of the wires on the left controls except for the horn, wires for the kill/start switch and frt brake switch, rear break wires and switch coils, ignition, reg and rect wires and the 2 + 1 mystery fuse but there is this big wire distribution block and box that looks like a bunch of small metal things all soldered together that I have no idea what it is or does. I really just need to know what I need to keep and what I can chop out??? Advice on any cheap good substitution parts and best gauge wire to use and a good source for that? A good picture of a color diagram I can print would be great too! And any other tips pointers or advice anybody wants to give is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.
J.W.

1978 KZ1000
Go Loud and go fast or dont go at all!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2010 13:17 #355451 by Heyst
Replied by Heyst on topic gutting all my wiring???
If you're looking for a wiring diagram and know the year, and model of your bike, then you should check out the "Filebase" which is located under the "KZ Information" tab.

Heres a quick link. kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=108

(scroll down after link to see all the years)

Baseball = 1 ball
Basketball = 1 ball
football = 1 ball
Building your own hardtail? = 2 balls
1980 Kz550 Hardtail Project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.