turn signal cancellation help

More
05 Mar 2010 17:16 #351467 by Stu Podaso
turn signal cancellation help was created by Stu Podaso
I am wondering if one of the electrical gurus can identify the little silver 'can' in the turn signal solenoid?
I'm just too darn cheap to buy a different control that 'might' work.
So if anyone can help me that would be great. This is the only system that doesn't work on the bike-not that I'm too lazy to turn off the signal-I'm just anal that way.;)
Thanks.

1980 550 LTD

If it has boobs or wheels your going to have trouble with it.
Man Law

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2010 19:55 #351491 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic turn signal cancellation help
If what I'm understanding is the turn signal blinker relay? Most have two electrical conections that require the rider to manually turn off the signal after a lane change or turn.

Kawasaki did at one time(maybe more) a self-canceling turn signal system that worked(I believe) with time and distance measurement. I think magnets were used on the front wheel rim for the distance part ot operation.

If your turn signals are not working, I'd suggest replacing the silver relay can, they can be purchased at most auto parts stores. Most Kawasaki's have two of them, one for the 4 way emergency flashers, and the other for the turn signals.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
07 Mar 2010 09:06 #351762 by Stu Podaso
Replied by Stu Podaso on topic turn signal cancellation help
Sorry, bad job explaining what I have.

I do have the self-canceling-but no magnets.
This system has a sensor in the speedometer, which then sends a signal to a solenoid in the left controls, thus canceling the signal.

Everything works up to the solenoid, solenoid coil is good, but there is a tiny silver can that was next to the coil windings that I do not know it's function, diode, resistor,?

It was hard too read any type of markings on it due to the adhesive from the tape on the windings, but I was able to see something that I made out as: M__FOTEMP. That's all I could see.
Thanks for any help.

1980 550 LTD

If it has boobs or wheels your going to have trouble with it.
Man Law