Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Slimming the chunky plastic controls 28 Mar 2006 14:09 #35014

• ratmeister
  • ratmeister's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, I have an 82 Spectre 750. I have a set of superbike bars that I flipped upside down and they look and feel great, my only problem is that the left hand controls, the one with the turn signal, horn, and light control hits the tank.

I am wondering if there is a way to remove the ugly plastic control and put in a different one. Is there a slimmer one on another bike I could transfer, or can I rewire seperate controls and move them to a different location.

Has anyone done this? I would love to clean up the bars...

Thanks in advance...Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Slimming the chunky plastic controls 29 Mar 2006 11:26 #35208

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
You can remove the switch all together. If you don't need/have turn signals, even better. The horn (mine hasn't worked in over 2 years) can be made to work with a push button in another location. The head light could be left on low beam, unless you do a lot of night time riding in the country and need high beams, again a switch can be mounted elsewhere.
Some others here remove both handle bar switches to clean up the bars.

Another solution. I just added Clubman bars, and both sides hit the tank. I added a tight fitting large nut to the steering stop to limit the handle bar movement.

Post edited by: rstnick, at: 2006/03/29 14:28
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Slimming the chunky plastic controls 29 Mar 2006 11:37 #35210

• wireman
  • Visitor
i remove all the controls and mount starter button and headlight switch in tower between gauges.goodluck,happy wrenching!:whistle:

Slimming the chunky plastic controls 29 Mar 2006 12:12 #35222

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I would try to limit steering lock just a tad. A nut or rubber pad over steering stop would work.

• Page: