• Page:

TOPIC:

1982 440 LTD Coil and Transistor Igniter specs 22 Oct 2005 16:29 #3483

• Sputnic81
  • Sputnic81's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all:

I finally have my bike at home in my garage where I can work on it. I got a new battery and cleaned it up. Was glad to see there is not rust in the tank, tires are still holding air, engine still cranks over and all that good stuff. Still no spark though.

I was hoping that someone could provide me with the testing specs for the coil and transistor igniter. I want to rule them out as problem areas.

Also if anyone has a functional petcock they want to sell off I could use one.

Thanks for the help.

Rip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1982 440 LTD Coil and Transistor Igniter specs 23 Oct 2005 02:33 #3559

• Samwell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Your best bet is to get a Clymer shop manual. It'll have all these things listed, plus a wiring diagram and how-to's for just about all of your maintenance needs.

As for a petcock, my first choice would be check ebay, then redlinecycle.com, then z1enterprises.com

Sam

Sputnic81 wrote:

Hey all:

I finally have my bike at home in my garage where I can work on it. I got a new battery and cleaned it up. Was glad to see there is not rust in the tank, tires are still holding air, engine still cranks over and all that good stuff. Still no spark though.

I was hoping that someone could provide me with the testing specs for the coil and transistor igniter. I want to rule them out as problem areas.

Also if anyone has a functional petcock they want to sell off I could use one.

Thanks for the help.

Rip

--
Current Rides: 2013 BMW R1200GSW, 1972 BMW R75/5
Current Project: 1978 KZ1000A2: Supercrank'd by Falicon, APE studs and nuts, Dyna Green coils, powder coated frame and fenders, Stainless brake lines, dual front discs, pods, Kerker Exhaust, 1075cc with JE pistons

1982 440 LTD Coil and Transistor Igniter specs 23 Oct 2005 08:18 #3591

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 206
Check out Ibsen's site, kz400.com (I think). He has all kinds of info available for the 400 and 440 twins. It may be listed in the "Links" section.

I just checked, and it is listed under "References" in the "Links" section at the top of the page.

kz400.com/
KD9JUR

• Page: