Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

turn signal question 27 Mar 2006 19:10 #34788

• mykznme
  • mykznme's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
i bought some smaller signals for my bike and im trying to figure out why they wont blink. ive wracked my brain on this and stumped a few so called autolighting experts so i guess it comes down to the relay.
i have two types of lights im trying to get blinking. on set is 12v23w led and the other is a (smaller then stock)12v 23w filament bulb.
the stock signals work fine but as soon as i hook up one of the others they stay lit wich leads me to believe their not drawing enough power to engage the relay.

any ideas???

thanks,
joe

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

turn signal question 27 Mar 2006 19:35 #34799

• Scotty355
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The problem is with the led lights, whomever you bough the lights from should also sell an item maybe termed a load equalizer that will put a load on the circuit to make the relay work correctly. an example would be dennis kirk part #21-1249

Post edited by: Scotty355, at: 2006/03/27 22:36

turn signal question 27 Mar 2006 19:38 #34800

• xstreamcanadian
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I ran into a guy today at a job site with the exact same problem on his sport bike, he is talking about paralelling his old bulb and painting it black.... I am thinking it isnt loading up the flasher enough, I think a ttl(low current) relay would work, but you would have to get a one with a built in timer, a company called Altronix makes them but the part suggested above would be easier

• Page: