Dyna 2000 Upgade?

More
17 Jan 2010 10:06 #343220 by Ituen
Replied by Ituen on topic Dyna 2000 Upgade?
You guys sold me on the Dyna 2000 for my bike. :)

1982 KZ750 E
Kawasaki Rider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2010 12:37 #343369 by kzr750r1
Replied by kzr750r1 on topic Dyna 2000 Upgade?
Jeff thanks for the reminder to check voltage...Good advice with a Dayna or not.

I do like my 2000 a bunch. Easy to work with and set. The rev limiter works. ;)

Cheers

KZ750R1 + 1991 ZR750 = KZR750R1
Better to be shot out of a cannon then squeezed through a tube. - HST

More
19 Jan 2010 04:58 #343480 by pgboyd
Replied by pgboyd on topic Dyna 2000 Upgade?
I got mine last week from Z1 but unfortunately it looks like I got the one lemon that Jeff hadn't seen in the past few years. I called Dynatek and am sending my unit and crank trigger back to them for warranty service. Unfortunately, they won't send out a replacement until they receive and review the one I sent them, so I'm at least a week out from having a running bike.

It looks like a good unit though and was easy enough to install. The bike started up but died after about 45 seconds and wouldn't fire again. The crank trigger seems to have lost its ability to sense the position of the magnet on the timing - the red LED light just stays on all the time on the Dyna unit.

I had even paid for overnight shipping from Z1 so that I could get the new ignition system into the bike this past weekend. Just my bad luck I guess.

Phil

Phil Boyd
Northern Virginia USA
1995 KZ1000P Police Bike

• hardr0ck68
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
19 Jan 2010 08:14 #343502 by hardr0ck68
Replied by hardr0ck68 on topic Dyna 2000 Upgade?
pgboyd wrote:

I had even paid for overnight shipping from Z1 so that I could get the new ignition system into the bike this past weekend. Just my bad luck I guess.

Phil

There is your problem; I have seen this in Car repair, Paintball gear, and Motorcycles. It is always the same thing. The liklyness that a new part will be a dud is directly related to the owners desire to have the motorcycle (car or paintball gun) working the weekend after the part arrives.

There are 3 things to note, 1 a part is delivered on a Friday and you really want to use the motorcycle (car or paintball gun) that weekend; cancle your plans to ride (drive or play) and the part will work; do not cancle and the part will be a dud or fail.

2 if a part is ordered at the start of the off season, then the owner waits until the first riding day to install it, it will unboudtedly fail. If it was installed in the middle of winter it will work fine (and in the process make you crazy wondering all winter long how different the bike will be with the new toy you fitted!)

3 The insane cost of next day shipping will always result in a longer wait than surface; because when the part arrives it will undoubtedly be a dud then causing you long delays getting the replacement.

:P ;) :P

Seriously though I am sorry you recieved a dud dyna 2000, I will follow this thread closly and see how dyna deals with it. When you buy a $400 ignition system and it doesn't work I hope they work like hell to right that!

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

More
28 Jan 2010 14:53 #345114 by pgboyd
Dynatek tested the crank trigger and Dyna 2000 module that I returned and verified that both were bad. I paid to have replacements overnighted to me for $41 and they showed up today. Unfortunately, the crank trigger that they sent was for a Yamaha, not my KZ1000. I called tech support and they were very apologetic and are overnighting me out the correct crank trigger at no charge.

With any luck I'll have a working ignition system again this weekend.

I'm not happy that I've had to mess around with returns for warranty service, but so far they have been very good about working with me to get me what I need. Of course final judgement is reserved until I see whether or not the replacement parts work or not.

Take care,
Phil

Phil Boyd
Northern Virginia USA
1995 KZ1000P Police Bike

More
24 Feb 2010 09:16 #349931 by pgboyd
The replacement parts were installed and all is working well now. Dynatek tech support were very helpful.

Phil Boyd
Northern Virginia USA
1995 KZ1000P Police Bike