83'kz550gpz does anyone have a wiring diagram?

More
07 Dec 2009 22:42 #338021 by MOOSECTW
I chopped the bike and now their is my homemade wire harrness which is all fine but i am no electrican and i have everything done except the starter wants to run full time when the key is on run now their isnt a start/stop switch besides the key switch so i would be very gratfull if someone could through me a bone with a link to a diagram that can help me get this figured out thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2009 23:01 #338023 by MFolks
On most of the older Kawasaki's, the starter solenoid that pulls in and energizes the starter motor is controlled by the right handle bar run/stop switch.

When the ignition key is turned on and the switch is pressed, the starter solenoid coil is energized. Sounds like a switch is missing or a wire is pinched/shorted causing the starter motor to run.

I have an 82 GPz1100 B2 and except for having FI on my bike, I believe the wiring and color codes are similar.

Looking at my bike's shop manual I see two BLACK wires going to the start switch. If these are pinched/shorted the starting solenoid will be "on" every time the key is turned on.I'd suggest looking for these wires before tearing into the main harness.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
08 Dec 2009 15:28 #338131 by MOOSECTW
Replied by MOOSECTW on topic 83'kz550gpz does anyone have a wiring diagram?
the bike dosent have the stock switch it has an after market 4 pole ignition switch batery acc. ing. starter and i cant figure out how to bypass putting a starter switch other than the key?

More
08 Dec 2009 17:37 #338139 by Patton
Here's a link to the on-site 1983 KZ550H2 wiring diagram that might possibly help.

After clicking on link, may scroll to bottom of screen and download.

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_docman&...w&gid=201&Itemid=108

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD