Turn signals not working

• GregZ
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
05 Dec 2009 10:02 #337610 by GregZ
Turn signals not working was created by GregZ
I am installing a complete set of used blinkers on my 73 Z1.
I have not checked each bulb. I installed them all, double checked with the wire diagram. Nothing.
My question is does the main harness have to be grounded to the engine?? I have the engine out of the bike. Headlight tail light work just no blinkers. I also have power at each flasher terminal,but no power going to the plug-ins(rear)I have not pulled off the headlight bucket. Maybe just flasher?? i also tried a used flasher that I had in box of parts ,nothing.Any tips helpful. Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2009 11:11 #337619 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Turn signals not working
My undestanding is if your bike has front running lights, there will be three wires, a running light circuit,turn signal circuit and a ground circuit(usually BLACK with YELLOW stripe).

The headlight will have to be removed out of the housing to determine the condition of the wires and conectors. I believe www.easternbeaver.com sells new male and female bullet connectors if yours are damaged.

As for the rear turn signals, only a ground circuit and a turn signal circuit are there. I'd imagine that the seat will need removal to access the wire bundles.

A good multimeter or test light will be needed to check for voltages and continuity in these circuits.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.