79 650 c1 headlamp

More
28 Oct 2009 17:11 #330170 by nads.com
79 650 c1 headlamp was created by nads.com
I'm working on a bike for a guy and wanted to get the headlamp working even though he didn't ask. The handlebar switch was froze, I freed it up and still no tail or headlamp. I jumped two wires I could see inside the switch and the front turns come on. Fuses are good, lights are good, no power to the lamp plug. The wiring diagram I pulled up sucks, it only zooms 100% then it scrolls very slow. Can anyone help? I'm just so tired of unwinding miles of tape and testing ev damn wire, this stuff takes time I don't really have. If I had a diagram I could see, I could trace it, heck if I can't I'm getting mighty stupid an old. Times like this makes me wonder if getting beat up at the bar has damaged my brain! That never used to happen. All I know is it's the second time this year if I find out who it was I might just play roy jones for a couple seconds. I deserve to win ONCE in awhile. Hey wait a minute wasn't this about a headlight? Doc couldn't fix my neck, but I think I did in the garage last night against a chair. Felt better than I have for almost 2 years. I expected the headlamp to come on when my neck went back into place. two places actually. But it didn't. I'm just trying to help someone out here but it's not coming easy. I gotta start my own motorcyle gang, they won't see us coming cuz none of are headlights work. I never start trouble or run my mouth, but I might have said something as drunk as I was. All I remember is there was 2 guys and one chick was running her mouth through it all. I remember going down and don't think it was the first time and at that point knew I was going to be kicked and said all right enough. They got me good and I could hardly move for 4 to 5 days. DONT EVEN KNOW WHO IT WAS! :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2009 17:57 #330185 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic 79 650 c1 headlamp
Is the bike a '79 KZ650-C3 or a '77 KZ650-C1? Take a look at the link below for good wiring diagrams. If you use the magnifyer curser you can blow the diagram up huge then adjust it to you liking using the "View" / "Zoom" buttons on your browser toolbar. For me it works fast and gives a very clear image. Ed

KZ650 Wiring Diagrams

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
28 Oct 2009 18:02 - 28 Oct 2009 18:13 #330189 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic 79 650 c1 headlamp
That's the diagram I used I'll try it again. I'm getting use to the diagram now I think my brain was rusty. Thanks for the help here mucho gracious. It's being diagnosed with a vengence now :angry:
Last edit: 28 Oct 2009 18:13 by nads.com.

More
29 Oct 2009 03:08 - 29 Oct 2009 03:08 #330256 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic 79 650 c1 headlamp
In my KZ900-A4, the controls ground through the handle bars.... May be the same for yours....

Continuity testing would show this...
DVM black probe to battery ground...
Measure to frame, should depict continuity (0-.02 ohms meter deviations).
Measure to handle bar & control body itself, should depict continuity as well.

Voltage measurements in reference to battery ground is in order...

Just a thought....

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az
Last edit: 29 Oct 2009 03:08 by Old Man Rock.

More
30 Oct 2009 18:28 #330570 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic 79 650 c1 headlamp
Fixed the headlamp tail lamp problem. Handlebar switch was corroded and no contact was made. Thanks for the tips!