Non Kawi regulator/rectifier question

More
22 Sep 2009 10:23 - 22 Sep 2009 10:24 #323228 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Non Kawi regulator/rectifier question
You can eliminate the big green/white to red/white loop back by splicing directly as shown here.

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Sep 2009 10:24 by loudhvx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2009 10:28 #323229 by loudhvx
As far as the mystery yellow wire, first try it without it connected. If that doesn't work put a 5-amp fuse on it, and run it to 12v. If that doesn't work (fuse blows or doesn't charge) then try it with a 5-amp fuse to ground.

More
19 Jun 2011 00:18 #458122 by mapleleafer
Replied by mapleleafer on topic Non Kawi regulator/rectifier question

Kawickrice wrote: A friend of mine gave me an old rectifier/regulator for a Yamaha Virago he had laying around........this regulator has 7 wires and I can only figure out where six go. There is a yellow wire in the diagram that goes from the regulator to a Diode, what is this extra wire for and where would I hook it to if I don't have a diode? I was thinking I might be able to use in my GS1100 in the future. The GS is has a 6 wire regulator.

I know it's way late to answer this question but for those run into something similar, it's simple. The 7th wire doesn't "sense" anything. It provides low current power to the headlight relay to inhibit the unneeded headlight drain until the engine is running and charging has started.

More
19 Jun 2011 11:18 #458164 by loudhvx
Thanks for the info.