MarTek Electronic ignition wiring question?

More
10 Sep 2009 21:29 #320574 by mzandmz
Any one have or ever had or seen a MarTek system. I have one on my(GL1000)other Bike. And some wires are not hooked up, causing no spark to the plugs. I dont have any pictures that would help. Four wires going near the battery Two whites one grey one red. I would asume red for 12v Positive. Grey could be Negitive/ground????????????? white wires???????????? Right now the reds still hooked up and one white is hooked up both to were I dont know yet. The grey and other white are dangling??? Sorry I dont know more as it got dark on me outside. Just if you ever heard or saw or had a MarTek electronic ignition system maybe you might know what I am talking about. Thanks for any Help.

New to Family, 1979 KZ440 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2009 06:31 #320634 by wes_scooter
Replied by wes_scooter on topic MarTek Electronic ignition wiring question?
i also have one. a 440k on mine the white wires go to the coils i believe. the grey one goes to the horn hot wire. not sure sure about the red one i'm not next to the bike at the moment. but i know if the grey one isent hooked to power it wont spark. guess that is where the manufacture said to hook it up at.

76' kz900
70' yamaha R5
2006 wr450f

More
11 Sep 2009 07:21 #320638 by irishwill
Replied by irishwill on topic MarTek Electronic ignition wiring question?
I think I have the original paper work for the martek....give me an hour or two ...if I do I will scan it and post it here

More
11 Sep 2009 11:25 #320689 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic MarTek Electronic ignition wiring question?
Martek 440
Attachments:

More
11 Sep 2009 11:26 #320690 by loudhvx
Martek 440
Attachments:

More
11 Sep 2009 11:28 #320691 by loudhvx
I have worked on one or two. They seem to be problematic and will begin to fire intermittently. I don't think I've seen a fully functional one yet.

More
11 Sep 2009 12:03 #320694 by mzandmz
Replied by mzandmz on topic MarTek Electronic ignition wiring question?
Found wire colors, one set goes to points cover they are green,black,red,yellow with a connector change green to white,black to blue,red to red,yellow to orange. The other set out of the box is blue,red,white,orange. The red is hooked to my blue wire to coil,And orange wire to my yellow wire coil. The Blue and white wires from the set out of the box are hanging one has to go to a hot switched connection and you would think one would go to a ground some where. I dont want to guess and see smoke Bummer to fry anything....

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
11 Sep 2009 13:23 #320711 by kzz1p
loudhvx wrote:

I have worked on one or two. They seem to be problematic and will begin to fire intermittently. I don't think I've seen a fully functional one yet.

I have seen one or two go bad. But on the other hand, I have seen and used a few that lasted for years and years. They are just different then other systems. It is fired by light moving at 186,000 miles per sec. compared to the magnetic pulse systems. There was an updated second generation, that worked better.

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
11 Sep 2009 13:26 #320713 by kzz1p
mzandmz wrote:

Any one have or ever had or seen a MarTek system. I have one on my(GL1000)other Bike. And some wires are not hooked up, causing no spark to the plugs. I dont have any pictures that would help. Four wires going near the battery Two whites one grey one red. I would asume red for 12v Positive. Grey could be Negitive/ground????????????? white wires???????????? Right now the reds still hooked up and one white is hooked up both to were I dont know yet. The grey and other white are dangling??? Sorry I dont know more as it got dark on me outside. Just if you ever heard or saw or had a MarTek electronic ignition system maybe you might know what I am talking about. Thanks for any Help.

Do you have the red, 2* advance rotor, that came extra with it?

More
11 Sep 2009 14:37 #320730 by mzandmz
Nope no spare parts. And magnetic pick-up only not an optic sencer unit. Strange, the red and orange wire going to the coils show 12v positive with key on Like there supose to but need signaling wires to tell the coils to LET GO spark. Magnetic signals send impulse to coils telling them to fire. or LET GO charge. Control box should receive signal from point area or magnetic pick-up. So Mine is hooked up to the magnetic pick-up side I just have to figure out what wires tell the coils to LET GO there charges.

More
11 Sep 2009 14:59 #320766 by mzandmz
Heres a picture of the pick-up

Attachments:

More
11 Sep 2009 14:59 #320769 by mzandmz
a piture of the box ,Big Deal

Attachments: