headlight -rear brake and running light

• irish mike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 79 kz 650 b3 rat rod
More
10 Sep 2009 03:27 #320360 by irish mike
headlight -rear brake and running light was created by irish mike
hi everybody im still plugging away at my 79 kz 650 b3 project-my head light wont work or my rearrunning light or brake light but with ignition key turned all the way to the right bottom filiment lights uponthe tail light-ive got some wires hanging that i pulled out of the headlight bucketibelieve to be the ground[its got like a washer with wires connected to it]bulb is good -where does this connect to?all blinkers work-ive got the clymers manual but the electric section doesnot go into great detail on this subject.thanks in advance you guys have been a great help...mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2009 04:20 - 10 Sep 2009 04:21 #320361 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic headlight -rear brake and running light
If needed, here's a link to an on-site downloadable wiring disgram.

Click Here

wires hanging that i pulled out of the headlight bucketibelieve to be the ground[its got like a washer with wires connected to it]bulb is good -where does this connect to? ---

The headlight shell is typically fitted between two ears. A bolt or turn-signal stalk goes through the ear and through the shell with threads protruding inside the shell. There's typically a nut on each side which screws onto the threads and tightens the shell between the ears.

The mentioned ground washer is typically fitted onto the threads under a flat washer, then comes a lock washer, and finally the nut.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 10 Sep 2009 04:21 by Patton.

More
10 Sep 2009 11:27 #320434 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic headlight -rear brake and running light
The wiring on most if not all Kawasaki's for the brake and running lights:

RED, running or tail light.
BLUE,(sometimes with a red stripe)brake light.
BLACK with Yellow stripe,ground circuit.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)