• Page:

TOPIC:

Digital Speedometer conversion 17 Mar 2006 07:08 #31920

• Sputnic81
  • Sputnic81's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all:

I am just about finished with my '82 KZ 440 LTD. After spending too much money replacing the gauges, I have decide to scrap the mechanical gauges all together and go for digital replacement of the speedo and just drop the tach. Has anyone else ever attempted this and if so can they reccomend a good replacement set-up that is not too expensive.

I am trying to get set to ride in about 2 weeks. My car (2004 Honda Civic) is going in to the shop to repair $4653 in hail damage. Shop said they could have it as long as six weeks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post pictures as soon as I have her running again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Digital Speedometer conversion 18 Mar 2006 05:24 #32150

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
i dont know about digital but i have all the parts from an 82 spectre 1100 with an electric speedo and tach
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

Digital Speedometer conversion 18 Mar 2006 09:31 #32203

• sbjones
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
goto electrosport.com, they have the set up for what i am going to use for only about 199.00 with the pick ups and sensors included in the set. this will let you still have a tach and speedo.

le me know if you go this way.

Digital Speedometer conversion 18 Mar 2006 11:07 #32220

• Sputnic81
  • Sputnic81's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
btchalice wrote:

i dont know about digital but i have all the parts from an 82 spectre 1100 with an electric speedo and tach

Does the speedo gets it reading from a magnetic pick-up on the wheel or does it have the gear set-up on the front axle? If it is the geared set-up--does anyone know if that would fit on my bike? I would guess that the gearing is dependent on the circumference of the front tire for accuracy. I would be willing to bet that the 440 front tire would not be the same size as the 1100 tire.

Anyone else have any input on that?

Digital Speedometer conversion 18 Mar 2006 16:30 #32297

• btchalice
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
they almost all have a 19 inch front tire .the pickup fits to the wheel just like the gear drive but with wires instead of a cable
Terry Meyer / Wichita KS
76 kz900 w/1000 motor TWZTD
I am not driving too fast, I'm flying too low.

• Page: